Answers to some frequently asked questions (FAQs) and suggestions for tackling some common problems.
We welcome any suggestions which can be sent through our ‘Contact us’ section.
- Can I glue vinyl to vinyl?
- What adhesive is best for Stair Nosings
- What adhesive should be used for Contract PVC, Safety floor or Hi Vinyl tiles?
Can I glue vinyl to vinyl?
- Yes – provided the existing flooring is well-adhered to the subfloor and is clean and free from dirt and grease.
- Two possible solutions –
- 1. Use Bostiks Best as an ‘impact adhesive’. Allow the adhesive film to dry and then lay the vinyl rolling well. Remember the floorcovering must be positioned correctly from the beginning and cannot be repositioned.
- 2. Use either Extra-Lay or Duo-Lay tape to adhere the floorcovering to the subfloor.
- Use Cartridge adhesive to glue stairnosings.
- Bostiks Best is suitable for all these products.
- For dry fitting use Extra-Lay tape